John at the Frist (and other news)

Mom and I made plans to visit the Egyptian exhibit at the Frist Center last Saturday. John overheard me on the phone making plans and BEGGED to go. We had a great time, but John made sure that we saw EVERYTHING in the Egyptian exhibit, as well as the rest of the museum, which included two more exhibits, one with jewelry and a hands-on section for kids. Then, of course, there was the gift shop. He spent 20 minutes (so it seemed) picking out 25 rocks (ROCKS!) to fit in a bag. This is the same thing they have at every Stuckeys and Cracker Barrel all over the country, but these somehow, were special.

I never thought I would find myself in a cultural arts museum, asking my nine year old son "Can we leave now?". We really had fun, and completed our day with a stop at Bobby's Dairy Dip.


You have to visit Ken & Lynlee's blog! She should write a book about moving to the UK. The latest post is hilarious regarding driving over there. Also look for an older one about grocery shopping...

http://www.framptonblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Thought for the day...